Together with the growth of the global economy, the need for granting security of import, export and transit goods has developed too. To follow up on this issue, in 2008 the EU introduced the AEO (Authorized Economic Operator) Authorization, which aims at qualifying trusted subjects for Customs Authorities.
The authorization is issued to companies which are matching the following criteria such as:
- Control over operations and flow of goods;
- Proper physical / IT / goods flow safety standards;
- Matching with competences or professional qualifications;
- Financial solvency;
- No serious or reiterated breach of customs and fiscal requirements in the last 3 years.
The authorization is addressed to all supply chain actors: manufactures, producers, exporters, importers, freight forwarders and carriers, depositaries and customs agents.
AEO divides in three different kinds of authorization:
- AEOC, economic operators authorized for customs simplification: it allows the owner to benefit of facilitations provided by the customs regulation;
- AEOS, economic operators authorized for security and safety: it allows the owner to obtain facilitations regarding security and safety;
- AEOF, a combination of the two.
Companies that achieved in having the certificate can exploit several advantages, such as:
- Easier admittance to customs simplifications (some benefits are eligible only for AEO);
- Reduced number of physical and document-based controls;
- Priority treatment in case of shipments selected for control;
- Indirect advantages such as improved shipments smoothness, better relationships with customs authorities, inner company structure approach in compliance with customs requirements, visibility and tracking, increased security etc
D.B. Group is an Authorized Economic Operator AEO. This, together with other certificates, allow us to keep our service standards level high and continuous over time.
Our customs experts are at your complete disposal. Contact us!